Call Gerald Fagan Photography

Saturday, October 31, 2009

Survey - 100 Questions

I don't normally do surveys, but I thought it might help some get to know me better. :D

1. ONE OF YOUR SCARS, HOW DID YOU GET IT?
On my knee, I was around 8 years old, playing a game during recess, slid towards the pole, problem is the pole was in the ground with cement holding it in

place and the top of the cement was sticking out a bit.

2. WHAT IS ON THE WALLS IN YOUR ROOM?
Nothing actually. got a mirror on the dresser if that counts.

3. WHAT JOBS HAVE YOU HAD?
Worked in a computer department at a Government facility as part of a high school class thing.
Worked retail at Canadain Tire for a while. I learned that sort of job was pretty boring and time seemed to drag on. But the Christmas season was fun.
Worked at the front desk of a hotel night shift. This was the most boring job I have had. The only thing to do was watch basic cable and the only thing on at night was star trek deep space nine. That got boring really really fast.
Worked at a computer programming company, at first doing data entry and program testing. The testing was pretty fun at first. Then some programming but I didnt like that most of the time. During this time I realized my interest for photography again.
I then worked for a professional photographer as his assistant doing weddings. This was my favourite job up to this point. I actually looked forward to going to work.
Then I worked at a portrait studio. This was pretty good most of the time. :) I got to meet some cool people.
And now I have my own photography business. :D

4. WHAT MUSIC DO YOU LISTEN TO?
All sorts, mostly what Misty is listening to.

5. DO YOU KNOW WHAT TIME YOU WERE BORN?
Umm, it was 5 minutes after the hour, not sure what hour, it was in the morning though.

6. WHAT DO YOU WANT MORE THAN ANYTHING RIGHT NOW?
World peace! Theres nothing I really want thats important. I wouldnt mind having high speed where I live, that would make life easier. Oh and there are a few things that I would like to get for my photography business, but I will get those over time.

7. WHAT DO YOU MISS?
The basket every time I shoot a basketball. :D

8. WHAT IS YOUR MOST PRIZED POSSESSION/S?
My relationship with Jesus and my wife. :D

9. WHAT IS YOUR ZODIAC SIGN?
Not a clue.

10. DO YOU GET CLAUSTROPHOBIC?
Nope.

11. DO YOU GET SCARED IN THE DARK?
Im scared of skinning my shin when I hit something in the dark. :D Ive done that more than once, but ive also done it in daylight.

12. THE LAST PERSON TO MAKE YOU CRY?
Hmm, not sure. When my dog passed on, I got misty eyed.

13. WHAT IS YOUR FAVOURITE COLOGNE / PERFUME?
Dont really have one. I generally wear old spice after shave.

14. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE MOVIE?
I dont have one particular movie that is my favourite. I have a favourite depending on the time of year. Braveheart and the Patriot are a couple of them.

15. WHERE CAN YOU SEE YOURSELF BEING PROPOSED TO?
Already married, and I proposed to her at the overlook in Bluefield WV.

16. COFFEE OR ENERGY DRINK?
Pepsi.

17. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE PIZZA TOPPING?
Pepperoni and Bacon and mushrooms. Aka the Canadian, in Canada.

18. IF YOU CAN EAT ANYTHING RIGHT NOW, WHAT WOULD IT BE?
Im pretty full at this time, so no food is really appealing to me. European chocolate would be good.

19. WHO IS THE LAST PERSON YOU MADE MAD?
Probably my wife. :D

21. WHAT WAS THE FIRST GIFT SOMEONE EVER GAVE YOU?
Hmm, I dont recall what my parents gave me on my first Christmas.

22. DO YOU LIKE ANYBODY?
My wife. :D

23. ARE YOU DOUBLE JOINTED?
I might be in my wrists, but I dont know.

24. FAVORITE CLOTHING BRAND?
I stopped caring about brands once I started buying them myself. :) Although I do like Levi and Roots.

25. WHAT'S YOUR DREAM CAR?
Jaguar I think. Not sure which model though, to many to choose from.

26. DO YOU HAVE A PET RIGHT NOW?
Nope, but I would like to ge ta sheltie in the future. Possibly a golden lab.

27. DO YOU LIKE STARBUCKS?
Not really. I use to think they were to expensive, but I was in one the other day for a taste test *to get a free coffee at a later date* and the prices seem comparible to Tim Hortons in Canada now. But their coffee doesnt taste the way I like it to.

28. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE STORE?
Target is up there. They seem to have better quality items than walmart, for the same price or slightly more.

29. WHAT IS THE BEST WAY TO TELL SOMEONE HOW MUCH THEY MEAN TO YOU?
Verbally? :)

30. SAY A NUMBER FROM ONE TO A HUNDRED:
87.3878457892357923578923758923785923058

31. BLONDES OR BRUNETTES?
My wife is a blond. :)

32. WHAT IS THE ONE NUMBER YOU CALL OFTEN?
I dont think ive ever called a number. Can numbers even speak? :) Probalby the inlaws.

33. WHAT ANNOYS YOU MOST?
When someone pulls out infront of you when there is no one behind you, then take their time to get up to speed.

34. HAVE YOU BEEN OUT OF YOUR COUNTRY?
Yup.

35. YOUR WEAKNESSES?
Kryptonite.

37. FIRST JOB?
Canadian Tire - at first a labourer to take down parts of the store and rebuild the shelves in the new style. Later general floor stuff, and finally reorganizer in the storage area, trying to make the place neater and better organized. I wonder if the other employees thoguht it was better organized.

38. WHAT DOES YOUR CELL PHONE LOOK LIKE?
black, not the flip type.

39. WHAT WHERE YOU DOING BEFORE YOU FILLED OUT THIS?
spending time with the wife watching movies.

40. IF YOU COULD GET PLASTIC SURGERY WHAT WOULD IT BE?
Perhaps one of my fingers, to help it straighten out all the way. I think the skin grew back weird when I had the palm of my hand deskinned from a rope burn when I was younger.

41. WHY DID YOU FILL OUT THIS SURVEY?
I thought it might help people get to know me better.

42. WHAT DO YOU GET COMPLIMENTED ABOUT MOST?
Some people seem to like my photography. : )

43. WHAT WOULD YOU DO IF ALCOHOL BECAME ILLEGAL?
I wouldnt notice a difference, except mouth wash might be different.

44. WHAT DO YOU WANT FOR YOUR BIRTHDAY?
A trip to Ireland. :) Will probalby get something photography related or clothing. :D

45. HOW MANY KIDS DO YOU WANT?
As many as God blesses us with. Im thinking 3 is a good number, spread out a bit.

46. WERE YOU NAMED AFTER ANYONE?
My first name after my Grandpa, my middle name after my other grandpa, and my 2nd middle name has been in the family a few generations.

47. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE GAMING PLATFORM AND GAMES?
I dont play that many games, but I do like some racing games like need for speed, and classic side scroller games like donkey kong country. My favourite

platform is the Nintendo Wii.

48. WHAT DID YOU DO THIS MORNING?
Slept in a bit, then went to Bristol to get some supplies for my new studio.

49. WHAT DID YOU LAST EAT?
Hmm, salmon sandwich, left over pizza, buttered italian bread and umm I think thats all.

50. DO YOU LIKE YOUR HANDWRITING?
When I take my time sure, but my normal writting is hard to read.

51. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE LUNCH MEAT?
Ham I think, but we have decided it is best not to eat ham or any pork product. They didnt eat pork in the Old testament, and the food they didnt allow back then is normally not the healthiest food to eat. But we still have it once in a while. Cant avoid bacon completly. :D

52. WHAT CAMERA DO YOU USE, AND WHY?
A Canon Digital SLR, because I like the ability to choose my own camera settings, and the increased image quality the image sensor produces compared to a point and shoot sensor.

53. WHAT IS YOUR MOST EMBARRASSING CD ON THE SHELF?
Im not embarrased by any cd I own, although I dont own that many cd's. : )

54. IF YOU WERE ANOTHER PERSON, WOULD YOU BE FRIENDS WITH YOU?
Opposites attract, so in theory two people the same would be conflicting? But I like to think I would be friends with myself if I was another person.

55. HAVE YOU EVER TOLD A SECRET YOU SWORE NOT TO TELL?
I do my best to keep secrets, I dont recal sharing one.

56. WHAT DO YOU COLLECT?
I dont really collect anything anymore. I use to collect baseball cards, but those seem worthless now. I guess I collect web browser bookmarks now, I never get around to cleaning them up. :D

57. WHAT WAS YOUR BEST AND WORST SUBJECTS IN SCHOOL?
My best was Math, computers and Art. My worst was English. Science was in the middle. I would have done better if there wasnt so many formula's to memorize. :)

58. WHAT CAREER GOALS DID YOU HAVE GROWING UP?
In grade 6 and 7 I wanted to be an artist.
In grade 8 I wanted to be an architect, we had an art assignement and I went overboard with my blueprint design. :D
In grade 9 and 10 I was consdering Royal Canadain Mounted Police.
In grade 10 and 11 I was thinking about computer programmer.
In grade 12 and OAC I was undecided.
About 4 years after high school I realized I wanted to become a photographer.

59. WHAT ARE YOU WEARING?
Pjamas

60. WHAT WAS YOUR FAVORITE TOY AS A CHILD?
Probably my lego's. I wish I didnt sell them.

61. HOW MANY NUMBERS ARE IN YOUR CELL PHONE?
I dont know, maybe 30.

63. DO YOU USE SARCASM?
Never *notice the sarcasm*. :) That is a habbit im trying to get out of though.

64. HAVE YOU EVER BEEN IN A MOSH PIT?
Nope.

65. WHAT CONCERTS HAVE YOU BEEN TO?
Went to Creation 2000 in Mt Union PA. The ones that stick out in my memory was Rebecca St. James, Raze, Newsboys and I think DC talk was there, but im not

sure.
I seen Rebecca St. James at Navy Pier in Chicago around 2001 I think.
I seen Rebecca St. James and ummm, whats her name in Ottawa around 2004 I think, not sure on the year.
Joy Williams, Zoegirl and Superchic[k] in Ottawa, around 2005 I think.
Point of Grace in Bristol in 2007
Point of Grace in Washington DC in 2008

66. WHAT ARE YOUR NICKNAMES?
I had B'Ger in high school.

70. WHAT'S YOUR FAVORITE ICE CREAM FLAVOR?
chocolate chip mint.

72. WHAT ARE YOUR FAVORITE COLOR(S)?
blue and red.

73. HOW MANY HOURS A DAY DO YOU SPEND INFRONT OF THE COMPUTER?
To many. Ive been spending a ton of time doing research and preparing for my new studio, and getting things ready for Christmas lately.

74. HOW MANY WISDOM TEETH DO YOU HAVE?
None, got my wisdom pulled years ago.

75. WHAT IS YOUR OPENION ON THE ORIGINAL AND NEW STAR WARS FILMS?
My favourite ones are Episodes 4 and 6, not a huge fan of number 5, its a bit boring. I enjoyed Episode 1 at the time, but could have done with out all the jar jar binx. Ep 2 was ok, and Ep 3 seemed forced by what we know what happens in Ep 4.

76. STAR TREK OR STAR WARS?
I like both, and their both good in their own ways.

77. WHAT ARE YOU LISTENING TO?
The furnace running. Normally I would be listening to a movie, tv show or commentary but I didnt feel like turning the tv on.

78. LAST THING YOU DRANK?
Pepsi.

79. LAST PERSON YOU TALKED TO ON THE PHONE?
My mother in law.

80. FAVORITE THOUGHT PROVOKING SONG?
I dont really listen to the lyrics of songs.

81. DO YOU SHOP ONLINE? WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE ONLINE STORE?
Yup, we like to get some things off of ebay, amazon and some other stores. I do prefer to buy locally, but some things are hard to find locally.

82. FAVORITE DRINK(S)?
Pepsi.

83. FAVORITE ZODIAC SIGN:
Dont know them.

84. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE SPORT?
Baseball.

85. WHAT IS YOUR HAIR COLOR?
Parts Dark brown and parts grey, use to be blond when I was younger, and I guess red hair when I was really young.

86. EYE COLOR?
Blue.

87. HEIGHT?
About 6'.

88. SIBLINGS?
Older brother that passed before I was born.

89. FAVORITE MONTH?
December because of Christmas.

90. YOU LIKE SUSHI?
Never tried it.

91. LAST THING YOU WATCHED?
The newest halloween movie. It was ok, but not great. We watched prom night yesterday and it was a pretty good halloween movie, most of the violence was off the screen. :)

92. FAVORITE DAY OF THE YEAR?
Christmas.

93. ARE YOU TOO SHY TO ASK SOMEONE OUT?
I was pretty shy in high school. Took me a while to gather the courage to ask someone out.

94. SUMMER OR WINTER?
In between when its not to hot or to cold.

95. KISSES OR HUGS?
both from my wife. :)

96. WINDOWS OR APPLE?
Windows for now. I do like some features that apples offer, but windows seems to offer more. Linux also seems interesting, but I dont have the patience to learn a new os. : )

97. WHAT WAS THE LAST THING YOU BOUGHT?
Some Christmas presents online, I cant say what they are incase the people I bought them for reads this.

98. PHOTOSHOP, PAINT SHOP PRO, OR GIMP?
I prefer photoshop. I know how to use it, I know the keyboard short cuts and where things are arranged. Ive tried gimp, but it was to hard to use after using photoshop for so long. I havent used PSP for a while, and the versions ive used didnt have as many options as photoshop.

99. WHAT BOOK ARE YOU READING?
Trying to get through the Bible. I finished the New testament first, trying to get through the old testament.

100. ANYONE IN LOVE WITH YOU?
My wife. :D

---------------------------------------
Gerald Fagan Photography - www.GeraldFaganPhotography.com
Portrait studio to be Located in Abingdon, VA pretty soon. :)
276.415.0025
---------------------------------------
Music Reviews and Random Thoughts - PunksWithSkates.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment